Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 LB Caramelized Onion Seasoned 85% Lean Ground Beef
2 Carrots, cut into small dice (about 1 Cup)
2 Celery stalks, cut into small dice (about 1 Cup)
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2 Tbs Tomato Paste
4 Tsp All-Purpose Flour
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
2 LB Russet Potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Cup Whole Milk
4 Tbs Melted Butter, divided
- Heat 12-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add beef and cook, breaking meat up, for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato paste and flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer 6 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, simmer potatoes in saucepan boiling salted water 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain; return potatoes to saucepan and mash with milk and 3 tbs. butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Position rack 5 inches below broiler and preheat broiler. Spread potatoes over beef filling. Brush with 1 tbs. butter. Broil 6 minutes, or until top is golden.