Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 tbs butter
1 lb onions, thinly sliced
1 lb Chili Seasoned 85% Lean Ground Beef
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbs Dijon mustard
8 slices sourdough bread
8 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tbs butter. Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until golden. Stir in 1 tbs water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide beef into 4 balls. Press into oval patties that are about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook patties 2 minutes per side, or until browned but still pink in center. Transfer to plate. Wipe out pan.
- In bowl, whisk mayonnaise and mustard; spread heaping 1 tsp mayonnaise mixture over both sides of each bread slice.
- Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 cheese slice then 1 cooked patty. Spoon onions over patties. Top with remaining cheese slices and remaining bread slices. Press sandwiches to flatten slightly.
- Return large skillet to medium heat. Working in batches, cook sandwiches about 3 minutes per side, or until toasted and cheese melts.