Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Canola oil for frying
1 lb Taco Seasoned 85% Lean Ground Beef
Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
Accompaniments: Shredded cabbage, sour cream, guacamole, cotija cheese, quartered cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and hot sauce.
- Heat 3/4 inch oil in high-sided skillet over medium heat to 350°F. Cut beef brick lengthwise into 6 equal sized pieces, then cut each piece in half lengthwise, forming 12 logs. Roll each into 5-inch log. Season with salt.
- Lay 1 beef log at 1 end of each warm tortilla. Starting at beef end, tightly roll up tortillas and place seam side down. Insert toothpick through center of each taquito, allowing pick to poke through seam side.
- Fry 6 taquitos, seam side down, for 2 minutes, or until seam side is golden and crisp. Using tongs, remove toothpicks and turn taquitos over. Cook 2 minutes, or until golden and crisp all over.
- Drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Repeat to cook remaining taquitos.
- Arrange cabbage on platter or plates and top with taquitos, sour cream, guacamole, cotija, tomatoes, cilantro, and hot sauce.